Jets Game Day. Preseason 2
By Angus Hout11 months ago
After a disappointing 4-0 loss to the Edmonton Oilers the Winnipeg Jets are looking to rebound and pick up their first preseason win. The game started on the wrong foot for the Jets after getting scored on less than a minute into the game when @Logan Stanley would butcher a pass out of the defensive zone and the Oilers would capitalize. It was a sloppy preseason game where both the Jets and Oilers had lots of chances. The Oilers would open a melee of goals in the third as they would score three in less than 5 minutes. In all honesty, I think I would put one of the four goals on @David Rittich. The rest of the goals can fall on the younger inexperienced players of the Jets. The Ottawa Senators played a double header against the Toronto Maple Leafs; on Sunday the 25th they would lose 4-1 in game one and win 4-2 in game two.
Just a few notes for this game
- The first home game of the preseason goes tonight at the Canada Life Centre. Game time is at 7pm. You can also watch the game on TSN3 or listen live on 680 CJOB and Power 97.
- @Oskari Salminen will get the start in net for the Jets with @Connor Hellebuyck backing him up. Salminen would last play in the second young stars game against the Vancouver Canucks where he would stop 28 of 32 in that game. Salminen just signed a two-year contract with the Jets in May. He was playing in Liiga in Finland and is still getting used to the North American style of hockey. No word if @Rick Bowness is going to split the time between Hellebuyck and Salminen or if Salminen is going to get in on the full 60 minutes.
- At the time of writing this article, the Senators have not announced who will be starting in net for their club tonight.
- Jets are going with a totally new defensive group in this game. Tonight we will see @Neal Pionk, @Simon Lundmark, @Brenden Dillon, @Josh Morrissey, @Ville Heinola and @Dylan Samberg.
- @Cole Perfetti will be one of four Jets who played Sunday night against the Oilers who will be playing in tonight’s game. The other three were @Saku Maenalanen, @Dominic Toninato, and @Mikey Eyssimont.
- Someone to watch tonight is @Alex Limoges. Last year with the San Diego Gulls he would set a rookie franchise record of 23 goals. He might start his young Jets career on the right foot and pot a goal or two depending who he is playing with.
- With the Jets at home we will see more veteran players play than the Senators.
- If you’ve been searching throughout the internet for the Senators roster click right here
- Points Bet has the Jets at -221 to win.
Recent articles from Angus Hout