Jets Game Day. Preseason 1
By Angus Hout2 months ago
It’s been 147 days since there has been a Winnipeg Jets game day. Now it’s only the preseason but the Jets line-up is out and I’m feeling excited about some preseason hockey. The Jets would board a plane and fly out to the outskirts of YEG today looking to cut down the confidence of the fools over at Oilersnation. We would see four preseason games yesterday including a doubleheader between the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Ottawa Senators where both teams would pick up a win.
Just a few notes for this game
- @David Rittich vs. @Stuart Skinner is our goaltending match-up for tonight’s contest. Rittich has an all-time record of 4-5-1 against the Oilers. Skinner has a 1-1-0 record against the Jets. Rittich is looking for a bounce-back game as his last time in the net he allowed 5 goals on 13 shots during the May third loss to the Colorado Avalanche in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Could this type of game against young Oilers help the former All-Star goaltender? I hope so. Getting a couple of decent early saves in the preseason will help anyone find some confidence. Skinner will be playing the full 60-minutes in today’s match-up, it’s unknown if @Arvid Holm will see any ice-time tonight.
- @kevin Stenlund will be making his Jets debut. Stenlund the 26-year-old Sweed signed a one-year contract with the Jets during the free agent frenzy on July 13th. in his short career in the NHL Stenlund has played 71 games and scored 11 goals and nine assists for 20 points. The second-round draft pick is looking to join the Jets after being injured most of last season and only getting in three games with his former club the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Pierre-luc Dubois vs. @Kailer Yamamoto. There’s nothing like starting beef over the internet these days. Dubois would have this incredible video go out on Twitter.
Yamamoto would get his shot in on Dubois with this one.
I don’t think Dubois would look for a fight just over a quick mocking video but hey if we’re looking for some preseason scrappiness this might be the duo to watch.
- According to the NHL app and the TSN app. We should be able to watch this game on TSN 3. Going back to the end of last year the Jets play-by-play was Dennis Beyak who retired. We haven’t seen who the official replacement for the former broadcaster is but TSN 690’s English Montreal Canadiens guy Dan Robertson will be taking over for tonight’s broadcast and most likely for the entire season.
- It’s just preseason but rip on those Oilers fans on social media, they seem to forget that the James Richardson International is a real place which flies to LA on a daily now.
- The Jets line-up is “relatively young” according to head coach @Rick Bowness. As you can down below the only full-time Jets we will see tonight will @Jansen Harkins, @Dominic Toninatio, @Mason Appleton, @Perre-Luc Dubois, @Dylan Demelo and @Logan Stanley.
- As per Reid Wilkins from Edmonton the Oilers will not be playing @Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaitl, @Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, @Evander Kane, @Zach Hyman,@Darnell Nurse,Yamamoto, @Jack Cambell,@Tyson Barrie and @Cody Ceci. May the young Jets have some help from the hockey god’s tonight.
Jets and Oilers games are always a ton of fun to watch and they are always filled with action whether it’s preseason, regular season or the playoffs it’s always exciting to watch a YEG vs YWG battle.
In the comments below tell us who you think will be the dark horse who will unexpectedly join the Jets this season.
Recent articles from Angus Hout