Jets game day four Winnipeg Jets @ Vegas Golden Knights 9PM start
Photo credit:Stephen R. Sylvanie-USA TODAY Sports
By Goose1 year ago
You’re probably going to need to have a pregame nap before this game if you want to make it through tonight’s contest between the Winnipeg Jets and the Vegas Golden Knights, it starts at 9PM. The Jets are going into the second half of a back-to-back where the Golden Knights are have had a day of rest since falling to the Calgary Flames 3-2 on October 18th.
The Jets held on to dear life to defeat the Colorado Avalanche in overtime on October 19th. Neal Pionk had himself a night! He would score twice for the first time in an NHL game and also scored his first overtime winner. Mason Appleton looked fabulous in the top six against the Avalanche as he would add two assists to his point total, I genuinely hope we can see more of him in the top six this season. The second line would score their first five-on-five goal a beauty from Blake Wheeler to Cole Perfetti. Connor Hellebuyck looked solid again stopping 30 of 33. Thank Gord we have an elite goaltender. I am a little worried about some of the defending in front of the net its happened in the last two games where both the Dallas Stars and Avalanche had top players sitting in front of the net and waiting to score.
Just a few notes for tonight’s game
- David Rittich is expected to start in tonight’s match-up between the Jets and Golden Knights. Its Rittich’s first regular season start for the Jets. Rittich has an all-time record of 70-43-20 and owns a .905 save percentage and 2.90 goals against average.
- Logan Thompson should get the nod for Vegas tonight. He’s a good start to the season starting 2-1 holding onto a goals against average 2.03 and a save percentage of .938 and has a shutout. In Thompson’s short NHL career he has an overall record 12-6-3.
- The Jets have a 9-7-0 record over the Golden knights. In Vegas at the T-Mobile arena the Jets in the regular season have a 3-2 record over the Golden Knights.
- Jets are without Rick Bowness for one last game. The head coach will be back behind the bench for the game against the Toronto Maple leafs on Saturday.
- Nikolaj Ehlers is still questionable for tonight’s contest. I will update as soon as I find out.
- If Ehlers is out again Appleton will be my player to watch he was fantastic against the Avalanche and he may have a home in the top six.
- Player of concern-Kyle Connor only one goal and one assist in his first three games.
- Jonathan Marchessault and Alex Pietrangelo lead the Knights in points. Marchessault with three goals and and Pietrangelo with three assists.
- Mark Scheifele and Nikolaj Ehlers continue to lead the Jets in points. Scheifele with three goals and Ehlers with three assists.
- Neal “The real steal” Pionk leads the Jets in ice time with an average of 22:35 minutes a night.
- Phil “The Thrill” Kessel is sitting at 399 goals and is just four games away from breaking the all-time iron man record.(most consecutive games played)
- Golden Knights are looking for a rebound after their first loss of the season to the Calgary Flames.
- Jets power play has been successful 20 percent of the time, the Golden Knights have scored in 18.8 percent of their power plays.
- The penalty kill hasn’t been great for either club. The Jets have killed 71.4 percent of their penalties and the Golden Knights have killed 76.9 percent of theirs.
- The Jets are the underdog once again, PointsBet Canada has the Jets at +180 on the money line.
- The Golden Knights are -221 on the money line.
Recent articles from Goose