It’s the final preseason game for the Winnipeg Jets and the Calgary Flames. The Jets will wait exactly one week to play their first game of the season. Before we get to the game between the Jets and New York Rangers on October 14th at Canada Life Centre. The Flames are going to be mad and will most likely look for some revenge after they took a 5-0 beating from the Jets on October fifth. I know the preseason doesn’t mean but to watch exciting hockey where the Jets took the Flames behind the shed in the second and third periods it was great to see as a Jets fan. @Dominic Toninato’s goal out of the box was the highlight of the night for me.
And thats how you do it ladies and gentlemen 👏 pic.twitter.com/ORwwvHWX7E
— Winnipeg Jets (@NHLJets) October 6, 2022
Save of Large Magnitude Dave
— JetsNation (@NHLJetsNation) October 6, 2022
I’d be a fool not to mention Save of Large Magnitude Dave, @David Rittich must be on a revenge tour this year when it comes to the Flames. The man played Phenomenal hockey and would stop 37 of 37 picking up his first shutout as a Jet. I am still annoyed that neither @Nikita Zadorov or Nazem Kadri saw any sort of discipline from player safety. Kadri would have a dangerous hit on @Cole Perfetti in the third, and Zadorov still has beef with @Mark Scheifele from their time in the OHL. Zadorov would cross-check Scheifele in the face with his stick. I’d be a fool not to mention It was a fun preseason game through and through and tonight’s game should have some extra grit.
Just a few notes for tonight’s game
- @Connor Hellebuyck will most likely start the game. With Rittich sitting as the back-up after a great shutout victory against the Flames. Hellebuyck would last start against the Oilers on October fifth he would stop 25 of 27 shots but would fall short in the shootout stopping one of two Oilers attempts.
- If the Jets win tonight they will have a 4-1-1 record, the last time that happened was the 2018 preseason. We all know what that 2018-19 season should have been.
- Jets are 86% on the penalty kill through the preseason. At the same time they have taken 21 penalties in their first five games. 11 of which were in the last two games.
- @Nikolaj Ehlers scored two assists and a goal against the Flames he’s shown how good he with @Mark Schiefele,@Kyle Connor and @Sam Gagner, thus Ehlers is my player to watch tonight.
- Bold Prediction- over 8.5 goals will be scored in tonight’s game.
- Jets did go six for six in the penalty kill and three for five on the power play against the Flames on Wednesday night.
- @Mason Appleton is out of the lineup and is dealing with an upper body injury. Should be good to go in the Home opener against the Rangers. @Rick Bowness saying “If it was a playoff game he (Appleton) would be good to go.)
- @Ville Heinola is the rookie who will playing in the sixth defensive spot.
- @Kyle Connor leads the Jets in scoring with two goals and two assists.
- Brad Lambert has been sent down to the Manitoba Moose and will not partisipate in tonight’s game.
- Jets going on a small vacation to Banff Alberta after tonight’s game to enjoy a few practices as well before the start of the season.
- @Jacob Markstrom should get the start for the Flames. He would pick up a victory over the Seattle Kraken on Oct. third and would have a .955 goals against average. In nearly 100 minutes of ice-time Markstrom has allowed just one goal against.
- Both teams will be using full rosters.
- Points Bet Canada has the Jets at +180 to win the game and the Flames at -221.