Hello out there, were on the air, it’s hockey night tonight. The Winnipeg Jets will head to Missouri to face off against the St Louis Blues in a crucial central division matchup.
Puck drop is slated for 6pm CT and you can catch the game on Sportsnet central and as always, you can give the game a listen on TSN 1290 radio.
- Just an interesting tidbit about Patrik Laine- 2 of his 15 goals have been on the road. While its great to see Laine thriving at the MTS Centre, hopefully he can improve his production on the road.
- I like the make up of the Jets third line tonight. Keeping Perreault on the wing looks to be the right decision moving forward and alongside Adam Lowry and Brandon Tanev, that trio could be a really productive third line.
- It’s a real treat when you have Marko Dano and Andrew Copp on your fourth line. They bring some much needed juice to a usually under utilized Winnipeg Jets fourth line.
- After a poor performance against Edmonton, it looks like Connor Hellebuyck will take a backseat against the Blues. While Hutchinson appears to be the starting goalie tonight, look out for Hellebuyck to get in between the pipes tomorrow night against Chicago.
Michael Hutchinson the first goalie off for #NHLJets
— Ted Wyman (@Ted_Wyman) December 3, 2016
- The Blues have recorded points in their last 11 home games.
NHL Scoring Leaders (Points)
1 McDavid 34
2 Kucherov 28
3 Tarasenko 27
4 Scheifele 26
5 Crosby 25
5 Seguin 25
— Bucci Mane (@Buccigross) December 2, 2016
Do you know your enemy?
– The Blues seem to know what their doing on special teams. With a 23.3% efficiency rate, the Blues have the third best power play percentage. Along with that, their penalty killing efforts ( 86.8%) has them ranked second in the entire NHL.
– The Blues have a 14-7-0 record and currently have the 5th best record in the entire NHL.