Jets Game Day. Preseason 4
By Angus Hout5 months ago
The Edmonton Oilers are visiting Winnipeg to face off against the Jets. The Jets are looking for their third straight win in the preseason and looking for their first win against the Oilers in the preseason. “Big Bad” @Brad Lambert is showing to the hockey world it was a mistake to pass on him by letting him fall all the way to 30th overall, the kid is crazy fast he can hold the puck and makes everyone else look silly. The Jets would kill 6 of 8 penalties against the Habs. @Kyle Capobianco was responsible for half of the Jets penalty minutes. @David Rittich would play 40 minutes in the game against Montreal stopping 9 of 10 and @Arvid Holm would take over for the last 20 minutes. He had his work cut out for him as he would see 15 shots in 20 minutes and made some massive saves, Holm would stop 13 of 15. The Oilers are coming in after defeating the Calgary Flames 2-1 last night and the Jets are coming off an exciting 4-3 victory over the Montreal Canadiens. If you’re looking for a highlight from the Flames and Oilers game this is the only one you’ll need to see. Sorry, I couldn’t find a better clip but Dan from Hockey Fights has good memes and it should be shared.
Tonight’s contest between the Oilers and Jets is going to a special one as we are celebrating the unveiling of the @Dale Hawerchuk statue at True North Square’s Plaza at the corner of Dale Hawerchuk way (Graham Avenue) in down town Winnipeg. If you’re going to make sure you show up for 4:30 and the ceremony will start at 5:15. If you are lucky enough to attend tonight’s game you will receive a Hawerchuk Commemorative coin as well.
Just a few notes for tonight’s game
- @Connor Hellebuyck should get the start for the Jets tonight. Hellebuyck is coming off of a 5-3 victory over the Ottawa Senators. In that game the American goaltender would stop 24 of 27 and would look good the half of the Senators who were playing in that game.
- @Stuart Skinner will most likely get the start against the Jets once again. The 23-year-old Oilers goalie picked up a shutout against the Jets on September 25th, stopping 19 of 19 shots in 34:27 of ice-time. Skinner has played once since the 25th and that was against the Flames on the 28th he would stop 14 of 16 and would have a .875 save percentage that night.
- Oilers won the last game between the two clubs 4-0 but the Jets will have a more regular line-up this time around.
- @Brad Lambert looked really good against the Habs and will get to show off his skills against the Oilers. Can the 2022 first round draft pick up another goal tonight? Only time will tell, but he plays just like did against Montreal we should be in for another treat. Lambert is scheduled to play on the third line with @Kristian Reichel and @David Gustafsson.
- @Logan Stanley, @Ville Heinola and @Dylan Samberg will get into tonight’s game once again the trio is battling for the sixth and final defensive spot with the Jets. Heinola is my choice for the final spot with the Jets simply because he does play the best for @Rick Bowness’ system.
- Heinola will have the chance to run the top powerplay and will be playing with Samberg as a defensive partner.
- @Saku Maenalanen who has looked good in the preseason will be playing on the second line with @Adam Lowry and @Mason Appleton. Maenalanen is my player to watch for tonight hopefully he can pick up his first point in the preseason.
- Cuts to line-up should be coming soon. I would expect the cuts should come after tonight’s contest.
- The Oilers still have not scored on the power play in the preseason.
- If you can send a map of Winnipeg to our friends in Edmonton they still can’t find the James Armstrong Richardson International Airport. It’s a real shame their education system is lacking in Alberta.
- Points Bet Canada has the Jets-186 to win and the Oilers +155 to win.
Recent articles from Angus Hout