News and roster notes for the Winnipeg Jets (and one covering a kid who should be on the Jets) after the team finished up practice in Anaheim…
- Mason Appleton has been placed on the Injured Reserve with his foot injury suffered this past weekend in Regina. Logan Shaw has been called up from the Manitoba Moose and will likely be in the press-box as a healthy scratch for the Jets tomorrow night against the Anaheim Ducks and likely for the week long road trip. Shaw – who signed with the Jets this past summer – has led the Moose in scoring early on this season with three goals and two assists in eight games.
- Patrik Laine left the ice during practice in Anaheim after being run into by Luca Sbisa. After practice Maurice mentioned that Laine isn’t seriously hurt but he is nicked up and might be a game time decision tomorrow against the Ducks.
- Nathan Beaulieu skated today in a non-contact jersey. There has been talk that he could be back in the lineup at some point during the trip. The Jets had nine defensemen on the ice for practice in Anaheim, but Beaulieu took part as a forward.
- Adam Lowry was late for practice as he was in the middle of a hearing with the league regarding his hit on Oliver Kylington of the Calgary Flames this past Saturday. (UPDATE: Lowry has been suspended for the next two games by the NHL)
- Keeping an eye on the Manitoba Moose, Sami Niku skated in a non-contact jersey but stated that he felt he’d be in a regular practice jersey tomorrow and ready to go for the Moose’s weekend games
#NHLJets lines and D-pairings today at practice in Anaheim after Laine left:
Bourque-Gustafsson-Beaulieu (filling in due to lack of bodies)
— Ted Wyman (@Ted_Wyman) October 28, 2019