JetsNation is looking for a few good Jets fans who strong opinions about hockey and the team they cheer for and aren’t afraid to share them!
We’re looking for people to help cover the games of course both pre and post game coverage, but we’re also looking looking for people who want to look beyond just the game.
If you enjoy getting deep into the numbers of the game. If advanced stats and metrics are your thing, your work will certainly be welcomed here.
If you have a keen eye for picking out fun stories about the Jets – both on social media and their work in the community, we’d love to hear from you.
If you have artistic / photoshop talent you’d like to share, we’d like to help do that for you.
And hey, if you just want to help cover the games and the news items involving the Jets, we can always use help there. In fact you would be welcomed with possible hugs if you do.
To apply, just shoot me a quick message… Details are below.
- This is a volunteer position to start. Opportunities for payment could be available in the future through bonuses and other possible means.
- We’ll be looking for people who can produce content at the very least 2-4 times a month, but more will always be welcome!
- Being familiar with WordPress is a big benefit, but not required.
- Familiarity with the chat app “Slack” is also a plus. We use it for our ‘backstage area’ to help coordinate content, as well as a great place to chat about the Jets, hockey and sometimes waffles.
Things you may be thinking to yourself as you read this:
“I’d apply, but I’m not very good”
Aww c’mon champ, give yourself some credit! You’re likely better than you think so apply anyway! As Michael Scott once said, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
“People probably won’t like my opinions/writing/content”
You’re right, it’s the internet so some people probably won’t. But then again there will be others who will love you! Either way, you’ll be working with a staff that has multiple years of experience dealing with that sort of thing and we’ll support and help you through!
“I’m an alien cyborg that just came to earth two years ago and while I love hockey and the Jets and have well thought out and informed opinions, I don’t think people will take my work seriously… because… ya know… alien cyborg.”
Age, race, sex or location of your home planet… None of those things matters to us. The baseline requirements to join us are simple, do you like hockey? Do you like the Jets? If yes to both of those, then we want to hear from you!
Great, so I’ll apply! What should be in my e-mail?
- Your name (of course)
- Twitter Handle (if applicable)
- A little bit about yourself (don’t just let us know you’re a Jets fan, surely you must have other interests..)
- What kind of content would you like to create for JetsNation? (Writing & video content are top needs at the moment)
- A sample of your work be it previously published or newly created