The seventh and final pre-season game of the year (thank goodness) takes place tonight as the New Jersey Devils visit Winnipeg.
Both teams will ice mostly NHL talent as we wind down Training Camps. For the Jets, after tonight their next action will be a week from today in St. Louis when they open up the regular season against the Blues. The Devils meanwhile are flying off to Europe where they will open up their regular season against the Edmonton Oilers.
New Jersey Devils
September 27, 2018 – 7:00 pm CT
Bell MTS Place – Winnipeg, MB
TV: TSN3; Radio: TSN 1290
GAME NOTES: The Jets finish their seven-game pre-season schedule tonight at Bell MTS Place against the New Jersey Devils. Tonight's line up card is below. https://t.co/yWpOFor9rS pic.twitter.com/O4Ds5rYqLG
— Winnipeg Jets PR (@WpgJetsPR) September 27, 2018
— Amanda Stein (@amandacstein) September 27, 2018
- The Devils are going with mostly an NHL level lineup tonight with the top six forwards being pretty much what you’ll see from them on opening night.
- Kinkaid will get the start and likely go the distance.
— Brian Munz (@BrianMunzTSN) September 27, 2018
- NHL level lineup tonight sans the TLC fourth line as well as Dustin Byfuglien and Nik Ehlers who played last night against the Wild. While those players get to skip this game, Kristian Vesalainen and Brendan Lemieux will get the call again tonight after having played last night. It’s their fifth pre-season game out of the seven total.
- Also joining the two forwards in the “five games played club” is defensemen Sami Niku and Tucker Poolman.
- Hellebuyck will get the start and likely go the distance. One would have to think by virtue of having the last two starts before tonight, that Laurent Brossoit is the choice for backup once the season starts.
- Expect cuts on Friday. The Jets have played six games over the last eight days which has pushed the Jets to carry more players than most teams do this late into training camp. Both coaches and players will have a full day off on Friday though.