The Jets play in their second last pre-season game tonight as the squad faces off against division rivals, the Minnesota Wild. This will be another chance for bubble players to show they belong with the Jets. The Jets are coming off an overtime win over the Flames where the Jets won 5-4.
The Jets play their final preseason game tomorrow against the Devils.
September 26, 2018 – 6:00 pm CT
Xcel Energy Centre – Minneapolis, Minnesota
TV: TSN3; Radio: TSN 1290
— Aavco Cup (@AavcoCup) September 25, 2018
- Ryan Suter will be suiting up for the first time tonight, he wasn’t expected to play because of an ankle injury sustained at the end of the 2017-18 season.
- The Wild will be icing a veteran laden lineup, which is probably a foreshadow of things to come for the regular season.
Based on morning skate, here’s tonight’s #NHLJets line up for Minnesota:
— Brian Munz (@BrianMunzTSN) September 26, 2018
- Jack Roslovic continues to get a look at centre, he’s between Ehlers and Vesalainen. Could this be a combo we see in the regular season?
- Nik Ehlers continues to impress, scoring two goals against the Flames, one of them being the game winning goal.
- Brossoit gets the start again, he seems to be winning the battle for backup between him and Eric Comrie.
- Paul Maurice mentions that he will be using tonight’s game and tomorrow’s game to tinker with the bottom six for the Jets’ regular season lineup.
- This is game six of seven in 10 days. This is why you are not seeing a ton of Jets veterans in every game.