The Jets have a few positions that are up for grabs as they face the Calgary Flames in tonight’s pre-season battle. Tonight’s roster is a great opportunity to see if these bubble players can become significant producers for the Jets in the regular season.
This is game seven of 10 for the Flames and the Jets are in the middle of a crazy schedule that sees them play 6 games in 8 days.
September 24, 2018 – 8:00 pm CT
Scotiabank Saddledome – Calgary, Alberta
TV: TSN3; Radio: TSN 1290
Projected #Flames tonight vs. Winnipeg:
— Pat Steinberg (@Fan960Steinberg) September 24, 2018
- The Flames are testing out what could be their top-four with Giordano-Brodie and Hanifin-Hamonic as those two pairings.
- Along with the Jets, the Flames seem to be testing the waters with the bubble players on their roster.
- Mike Smith will start in net for the Flames, his first game back after playing in China. Tyler Parsons will back Smith up.
— Sara Orlesky (@saraorlesky) September 24, 2018
- The Jets get a break from Tyler Myers. I think we can all agree that this is a good thing. Vying for a place as a regular in the Jets’ defence corp will be Sami Niku and Tucker Poolman.
- Another question mark is Dimitri Kulikov. Can he slot into the top-four and relieve pressure from Myers?
- Roslovic has not impressed at centre, at least enough to give fans confidence that centre is where he belongs. He gets another chance tonight as he centres Nik Ehlers and Brendan Lemieux.
- Speaking of Brendan Lemieux, Paul Maurice has been playing him a lot. Could he be a dark horse to make the Jets’ opening day roster?
- It seems Laurent Brossoit is a lock to be Hellebuyck’s backup. Will he impress enough tonight to cement his post?
- View full game notes