The Jets go on the road for the first time this pre-season as they head west to Alberta and take on the Edmonton Oilers before heading back and taking on the Flames tomorrow night. Of course the rosters in both games will be pretty much completely different as there is no need for players to be going back-to-back with virtually nothing on the line in pre-season action.
The roster the Jets are putting on the ice however does have plenty to prove as the coaches have gone with more of a – let’s call it a “fringe” lineup where the top line tonight is expected to be the Jets fourth line in October and beyond the four notable names playing – Trouba, Morrissey, Lowry and Copp are all pretty much locks at the moment – this team will be a group of depth players and AHL level talent looking to leave an impression.
PreSeason Game Two
Sept 20, 2018 – Puck drop: 8:00 PM CST
Rogers Place – Edmonton, AB
TV: TSN3 – Radio: TSN 1290
GAME NOTES: The Jets head to Edmonton tomorrow for their first road game of the pre-season. Winnipeg's projected playing roster for the game is below. https://t.co/APOAr3YqGH pic.twitter.com/hde9z0n31Y
— Winnipeg Jets PR (@WpgJetsPR) September 19, 2018
- The Oilers at home are going with a much more experienced, NHL proven lineup including the Oilers top two regular lines with McDavid centering Nugent-Hopkins and Ty Rattie on the first line and Draisaitl with Lucic and Rieder on the second
- On defense, they are also dressing a group that is pretty much what you’ll see from them in October. Much like Josh Morrissey is making his debut coming off a slight contract delay, so to is Darnell Nurse for the Oilers.
- Cam Talbot in goal. Talbot should be seeing the entire game tonight, although he did get a bit dinged up in practice this morning taking a shot off his shoulder/collarbone.
- One kid to watch for the Oilers is Ryan McLeod who has had himself a nice pre-season. He’ll be centering Khaira and Puljujarvi.
Oilers top two lines will play. McLeod with Khaira and Puljujarvi and Chiasson-Marody-Aberg is other line.
— Jason Gregor (@JasonGregor) September 20, 2018
- Eric Comrie gets the start tonight and make a claim to the Jets full time backup role with Brossoit his backup.
- A few training camp notes: Nic Petan has been granted a leave of absence in order to deal with a personal matter. The Jets also re-assigned three players to their junior teams: Declan Chisholm (Peterborough), Leon Gawanke (Cape Breton) and Giovanni Vallati (Oshawa)
- Josh Morrissey and Jacob Trouba will be your top defensive paiting tonight and expect them to get a lot of looks at the Oilers top unit which will have Connor McDavid playing.
Looks like these are the lines for #NHLJets tonight v EDM:
Copp Lowry Tanev
Vesalainen Roslovic Appleton
Lemieux Griffith Dano
Spacek Everberg Lipon
— Sara Orlesky (@saraorlesky) September 20, 2018