Do you find you have important things to say after every Winnipeg Jets game but need an outlet that lets you talk in more than just
140 280 characters? Maybe you have opinions about the Jets from management to equipment staff and need to vent to the entire hockey world? Do you like to create photoshopped images and graphics or perhaps you even like to make videos that should be shared?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of this, JetsNation is looking for you!
Even if you answered ‘no” to those first few questions.. Well we still might have a place for you.
It’s an exciting time to be a Winnipeg Jets fan and JetsNation is looking for new contributors to help build and grow our site. We’re looking for anyone who wants to join our team and contribute, but specifically what we’re looking for is the following:
On the writing side…
- Writers to give thoughts about Jets games (not ‘recaps’ of the game as we’ve all already watched the game, we want people to share their thoughts. What went right? What went wrong? Who is playing well and who needs to be better? Things like that)
- Someone (or someones) who has an eye on Jets prospects and enjoys talking about who the next Jets will be coming out of the Moose and beyond (Junior, NCAA, Europe..)
- Image and graphics creation. This can include photoshops, GIF and video creations.
- Familiarity with podcasting. This includes sound recording & editing.
If you’re interested or have other ways you’d like to contribute, e-mail us at JetsNationNHL@gmail.com.
What should be in the e-mail?
- Your name (of course)
- Twitter Handle (if applicable)
- A little bit about yourself (don’t just let us know you’re a Jets fan, surely you must have other interests..)
- What kind of content would you like to create for JetsNation?
- A sample of your work be it previously published or newly created
- This is a volunteer position. Paid opportunities could be available in the future.
- We’ll be looking for people who can produce content 2-4 times a month (but more will always be welcome!)
- Familiarity with the chat app “Slack” is a plus. We use it for our ‘backstage area’ to help coordinate content, as well as a great place to chat about the Jets, hockey and sometimes even more.
Things you may be thinking to yourself as you read this:
“I’d apply, but I’m not very good”
Aww c’mon champ, give yourself some credit! You’re likely better than you think so apply anyway! As Michael Scott once said, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
“People probably won’t like my opinions/writing/content”
You’re right, it’s the internet so some people probably won’t. But then again there will be others who will love you! Either way, you’ll be working with a staff that has multiple years of experience dealing with that sort of thing, we’ll help you through!
“I’m an alien cyborg that just came to earth two years ago and while I love hockey and the Jets and have well thought out and informed opinions, I don’t think people will take my work seriously… because… ya know… alien cyborg.”
Age, race, sex or location of your home planet… None of those things matters to us. The baseline requirements to join us are simple, do you like hockey? Do you like the Jets? If yes to both of those, then we want to hear from you!