Hope you got your nap in this afternoon because the Jets and Flames will be playing a little later-night puck thanks to a delayed start time in Calgary.
Both teams are coming off disheartening losses, so with any luck both teams will play some spirited hockey. The Flames will be eager to score, the Jets are hoping to limit to them to under five… Something has got to give!
Jets Regular Season Game #2
Winnipeg Jets (0-1-0)
Calgary Flames (0-1-0)
October 7, 2017 – Puck drop: 9:05 PM CST – Scotiabank Saddledome
TV: CITY & Sportsnet One
Radio: TSN 1260
Winnipeg Jets Lines & Notes
- Slight changes to the Jets defense as it’s the same six that dressed on Wednesday, just mixed up. That Kulikov/Trouba pairing could be most intriguing.
- The Jets haven’t been overly successful playing in Calgary since they moved to Winnipeg going 2-5-0 since the relocation. Last season the Jets lost a 6-2 stinker and split a pair of shutouts in Winnipeg.
- Steve Mason’s career record against the Flames is 5-5-4 with a .891 save percentage.
Calgary Flames Lines & Notes
- There had been a thought that Jaromir Jagr would make his Flames debut tonight, but that is now not the case. Flames coach Glen Gulutzan had noted the final call would be left to Jagr himself and it sounds like he wants just a little more time before jumping in.
- Mike Smith makes his 2nd start as the Flames goalie. He was a lone bright spot in the Flames 3-0 loss to Edmonton on Wednesday as he made 42 saves.
- The Flames haven’t been exactly good in home openers lately, in fact they’ve lost their last six with the 2010-11 season being the last time the Flames opened up the home schedule with a win. If they lose tonight, maybe it’s time to just get a new arena?