It’s finally here. Hope springs eternal and the 2017-18 season opens up tonight as the Toronto Maple Leafs pay a visit to Bell MTS Place
Time for Laine v Matthews III!
Jets regular season game #1
Toronto Maple Leafs (0-0-0)
Winnipeg Jets (0-0-0)
October 4, 2017 – Puck drop: 6:05 PM CST – Bell MTS Place
Radio: TSN 1260
Winnipeg Jets Lines & Notes
- The Jets ended the 2017 preseason with the league’s best power play for whatever that’s worth. They scored 13 times in the 44 chances they had with the man advantage for a 29.5% rate.
- The Thrashers/Jets franchise has always had a bit of a hit or miss run of opening at home, winning 3 of the six the team has had in Winnipeg and before that going 5-4-2 during their time in Atlanta.
- Steve Mason starts for the Jets tonight in goal as he makes his regular season debut. He has a career 4-6-2 record with an .876 save percentage in 13 games played against them.
Toronto Maple Leafs Lines & Notes
- Toronto record against the Jets over the last five games will be 2-2-1 and over the last 10 games went 2-5-3. Last season, the Leafs posted a 10-10-8 record.
- Last season the Leafs power play was led by William Nylander with 26 power play points as well as Nazem Kadri who scored 12 of his 32 goals were scored with the man advantage.
- Frederik Andersen starts tonight for the Leafs. In seven career games against the Thrashers/Jets franchise, he is 5-0-1 with an .890 save percentage.