After a game in Buffalo that saw the Jets not only blow a 3-1 lead, but also have Patrik Laine concussed, the Jets need to turn the page. Suited up in their vintage attire for the first time since the Heritage Classic, the Jets will look to get their season back on track against the Flames.
Puck drop is slated for 7 pm CT and you can catch the game on TSN3.
Here’s everything you need to know ahead of tonights contest.
- With Patrik Laine out, Drew Stafford will be riding shotgun alongside Nikolaj Ehlers and Mark Scheifele. Stafford, a four-time 20 goal scorer, has a mere three goals in 27 contests this year. Playing with Ehlers and Scheifele is exactly what Stafford could hope for to help get his game back on track.
- One could make the argument Joel Armia is bound for a promotion. While Armia has helped make up a very solid third line with Adam Lowry and Shawn Matthias, Armia could see an elevation in his offensive game if he were put alongside Ehlers and Scheifele.
- With Laine out, the Jets need to find offense from other areas. The problem with that is, the Jets secondary scoring has been lacking thus far in to the season. Nic Petan and Joel Armia seem to be on the cusp of breaking out offensively and right now is the perfect time to do so.
- After an impressive showing in Vancouver, Chad Johnson is back between the pipes for the Flames. Johnson has a 2.28 goals against average and a .922 save percentage to go along with his 14-18-1 record.
- 19 year-old Matthew Tkachuk is currently riding a nine game point streak. Tkachuk can play in a top or bottom six role and the energy provides is contagious. Tkachuk has 25 points in 38 games and currently sits fifth in rookie scoring.
– 112 goals scored ( 13th )
– 116 goals allowed ( 21st)
– 20.7% power play efficiency ( 12th)
– 81.6 penalty kill efficiency ( 17th )
– 28.9 shots per game ( 22nd)
– 28.4 shots allowed per game ( 7th)
– 49.4% in the face-off circle ( 17th )