With our countdown already 1/3rd of the way done and our consensus first round just around the corner, here is a list of our first 15 2015 prospect profiles with links to each individual guy.
Continue past the jump to see the players we’ve ranked between 31st and 45th overall.
For each player, click on their name to see their prospect profile.
- Slick offensive defender with definite offensive slant to game. Excels in moving the puck quickly and accurately. Questions about defensive upside.
- Hitches in skating and consistent intensity, but a talented scoring winger that has all the tools to be better.
- Great athlete with massive wingspan that finds success in strong board play. Pass-first type of guy. Shot and Skating can improve.
- Lanky Finn with good speed and strong puck skills. Would like to see a better physical game from his 6’3 frame, but pro-level production is strong for age.
- Home-run swing defender with excellent skating and high-end offense. Statistical darling, but big concerns about defensive abilities.
- Unknown how much he benefited from elite linemates, but strong skater with great shot in a 6’4 frame.
- Toolsy, jack-of-all trades defender with no real weaknesses in his game. Played huge minutes for one of WHL’s best defensive teams in 2015.
- Shifty skater and skilled playmaker that has track record of success against top opposition on the international stage.
- Mobile two-way defender that played a large role for his junior team. Strong transition game and NHL-sized frame. Only decent statistically, and questions about D ability.
- Skating ability, hands, shot, puck skills all plus-level. Dynamically skilled forward with a high offensive ceiling. Defensive game needs polish.
- Smart playmaker with a well-rounded two-way game. Lack of a “wow-factor” but all around effective centreman.
- Very skilled and fast blueliner. Can make mistakes trying to do too much. Excels with puck possession and is a good powerplay quarterback.
- Natural goal scorer with good vision and willingness to crash the net. Great instincts and can improve skating.
- Big puck mover that plays a calm and cool game. Adept skater and a top D in the WHL, but intensity is at times questionable.
- Talented and dynamic winger that’s scored a ton of points at every level. Physical game a concern, but very high skill level.