Nation Playoff Pool Update

baggedmilk
April 23 2014 12:43PM

live_update_3

The playoffs are a week in and here's your first playoff pool update. If you didn't enter, shame on you. If you did sign up, it's time to brag about how smart you are.  Unless, of course, your pool looks like mine where I go out and pick players that have completely fallen off the face of the earth.  I'm looking at you Nyquist. *shakes fist*

The Leaders

Screen Shot 2014-04-23 at 12.03.39 PM

Some of you have magical powers, don't you? I'm looking at the leaderboard on the Nation Playoff Pool and I don't understand why some of you have double the points total that I do? Actually, it makes worlds of sense when I think about it.  It's likely because I'm missing a chromosome and picked players like Chris Kelly that aren't even playing in the playoffs, but I'd rather blame your huge brains and mystical powers.

Las Vegas Goons, I demand that you show yourself and buy me a lottery ticket. Let me know if you take post dated cheques.

Now that Tampa got the broom treatment, I'm curious to see how many people were banking on Stamkos to light things up.  I know I can't be the only one that's shocked about Montreal sweeping the series. Is LA going to be swept?  San Jose is a really solid team but they're running LA around like toddlers -  I know that my pool will do another lap around the toilet if that happens.

Screen Shot 2014-04-23 at 12.04.32 PM

If you're lower than me in the standings, please reach out and let me know. I'd love to feel better about myself and ridicule you. If you're higher up than me, I will accept your ridicule and praise you like the God that you are. I bow at your fortune telling feet.

P.S.

Dear Sidney Crosby and Gino Malkin,

Score some truckin' goals already! You're killing me here. Thank you.

Love,

-bm

Streakcred & Regular Season Pool Prizing

I just wanted to give a quick update and let you know that we're finalizing all the prizes for both Streakcred and the Regular Season Pool.  We'll be contacting the winners shortly and you will be getting your prizes out to you ASAP.

94ea28cbbd0f9fe4153692bb3e38b40c
Twitter tyrant for @OilersNation - Resident Jackass - Poor vessel for carrying milk. Follow me on twitter (@jsbmbaggedmilk) - Instagram (@himynameisbaggedmilk) or email me at baggedmilk@oilersnation.com.
#1 ?
April 23 2014, 12:52PM
cheers

Yea, well my friend picked Ben Bishop… so, uh..

What a dumbass lol

#3 Brock
April 23 2014, 01:00PM
cheers

I did not approve my girlfriend joining this pool. Her being in 8th is enraging. She will drop or risk being known as Brocks former Girlfriend.

PS, I am not brock

#4 yawn
April 23 2014, 01:54PM

#264 :(

#5 SmythsMullet
April 23 2014, 02:08PM

44 pts. I also picked Nyquist,Richards, Couturier.. nadda pts *sigh*

#8 Next up, is Connor McJesus.
April 23 2014, 03:14PM
cheers

Can't seem to find my team.

Show me your TD's.......

oops, sorry wrong draft.

#9 exsanguinator
April 23 2014, 03:27PM
cheers

Needs to be more trash talk. I AM NOT ENTERTAINED!

#10 yawn
April 23 2014, 04:03PM
baggedmilk wrote:

I love you!

My Krejci line will be kicking in soon I'm sure. Vault me right up the standings.

#11 ONTARIO OILERS FAN
April 23 2014, 04:09PM
cheers

Let's do get used to future playoffs pools without any Oilers. Or... maybe Gagner only next year wherever else he ends up.

#12 sec206
April 23 2014, 04:40PM
cheers

a link would be nice--too lazy for typin'

#13 lostdog82
April 23 2014, 05:54PM
cheers

tied for number 8. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 nuge2nail
April 23 2014, 06:32PM

Oiler Domination To Follow

If the 9th overall can get you Schneider...

Would the right return for our 2014 3rd Overall, Yakupov, Gagner, and the 2015 First Rounder(potential McDavid-Eichal lottery) be Eric and Jordan Staal.

Imagine Eakins having the option to send Staal, Hopkins, Staal, or Gordan out there to matchup against the big centers on the west coast(Kopitar, Getzlaf, Thornton, Keslar, etc).

These additions would finally give a coach in Edm a chance to succeed

#15 mesa
April 23 2014, 08:18PM
cheers

who picked FLEURY? raise your hand do not be shy.

#16 Oilers
April 23 2014, 11:25PM
cheers

These guys at the top could run the team better than Lowe

#17 Danger Pay
April 24 2014, 01:35AM
cheers

As an Oilers fan...Whats a playoffs?

#18 Hockeyfan
April 24 2014, 01:52AM
cheers

I loaded up on Oilers. How am I doing?

#19 Almaric
April 24 2014, 03:11AM

@Danger Pay

-Live update: The Canucks are not going to the playoffs.

-Winning not compatible with Sedin software.

-Trojan Mike Gillis.

-Please restore system to date of 1970.

#20 Loweblows
April 24 2014, 07:07AM
exsanguinator wrote:

Needs to be more trash talk. I AM NOT ENTERTAINED!

You are an idiot. How's that.

#21 exsanguinator
April 24 2014, 11:51AM

@Loweblows

Thanks buddy.

#22 Oiler Al
April 25 2014, 10:19AM
cheers

Lets stop the craziness , and trying to chase the WEbers, Subans, OELs, Seabrooks etc etc of the world. First these guys dont come to a bottom feeder, and secondly who needs Webbers contract.

Yes you cant have 4 or 5 greenies on the back end, but surely hang on to these guys, and send them back to junior or AHL .In the interm chase some of the UFAs for a 2 year deal ,until the greenies come along.

You give up assets you worked to acquire and develop to chase the Webbers and still not make the play offs next year.

Stralmn, Haniney, Nitkitan, Niskeanen, Sarich, Orpik, Engelland, Kostka Stralman, Quincey, are UFAs. Yes probably half will be signed by their current clubs, but these guys are all playing in the playoffs.. thats more than you can say about Petry,Shultz and Fraser.