Happy Holidays Nations

Kent Wilson
December 25 2013 08:06AM

About this time last year we at the Nations were trying to figure out a way to make the seemingly endless lock-out interesting (and to keep the lights on as our advertisers fled in terror).

Flash forward 12 months and we're bigger than ever after adding Brian Sutherby, Daily Faceoff and getting JetsNation on its feet (with the help of some great new contributors). We have some big plans for the future and will likely be adding even more content, gear, features, contests and fantasy type games very soon.

Of course, none of this is possible without all of our readers. So thank you for sticking with us through the dark times and continuting to make writing and reading here interesting, challenging, fun and rewarding.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone.

39d8109299a9795cb3b41a4e9b49d501
#1 Blue31
December 25 2013, 08:08AM

Merry Fistmas!

#2 coachedpotatoe
December 25 2013, 08:24AM

On the first day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; a successful rebuild plan.

On the 2nd day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; two executives who can work together.

On the 3rd day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; three good periods.

On the 4th day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; four lines to roll.

On the 5th day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; five wise decisions on UFA's.

On the 6th day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; 6 NHL defencemen.

On the the 7th day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; 7 excellent rounds of drafting.

On the 8th day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; 8 straight wins over the Oilers.

On the 9th day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; 9 games without injuries.

On the 10th day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; 10 veteran leaders.

On the 11th day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; 11 straight wins.

On the 12th day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; 12 forwards with skill and grit to please Burk ee.

Again Merry Christmas to all. Sorry for this being so bad,

#3 joey joe joe jr shabadoo
December 25 2013, 08:39AM

@coachedpotatoe

Worst post of the year candidate??

#4 coachedpotatoe
December 25 2013, 08:48AM
joey joe joe jr shabadoo wrote:

Worst post of the year candidate??

And I'm okay with that.

#5 Burnward
December 25 2013, 10:14AM

I appreciate the effort! Besides, there are no trashes on Christmas!

Merry Ho Ho all!

#6 coachedpotatoe
December 25 2013, 10:17AM
Burnward wrote:

I appreciate the effort! Besides, there are no trashes on Christmas!

Merry Ho Ho all!

Best I could do waiting for my little one to wake up. Santa was good at our house, we were truely blessed. Merry Christmas to you and yours,

#7 sizedoesmatter
December 25 2013, 10:19AM

Thanks to the Nation staff for all the great content

#8 John Deere Green
December 25 2013, 10:27AM

Love this website. Check it multiple times daily, 365. Don't contribute a whole lot anymore cause everyone else steals my thoughts! I really like how there's not a lot of people slamming each other like high school theatrics like most other sites are, although I still go to the other sites for rumours cause I'm a nerd for that stuff. Great work Kent and everyone else.

P.S.- I love Lambert too, he calls it like he sees it, a realist.

#9 David S
December 25 2013, 10:29AM

Merry Xmas you guys!

#10 Shane
December 25 2013, 10:53AM

Merry Christmas Bedford Falls!!!

#11 beloch
December 25 2013, 10:53AM

Merry Christmas!

#12 Cam Charron
December 25 2013, 11:08AM

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

#GRITCHART

And that was it. That was all I needed.

#13 Jordan Nugent-Hallkins
December 25 2013, 11:09AM

If you'll excuse me, I need a splash of coffee in my Bailey's...

#14 Step Daddy J
December 25 2013, 11:13AM

All Step Daddy J wants for Christmas 2013 is Aaron Ekblad at the 2014 nhl draft . There we have our super star no 1 Defenceman . Problem solved .

#15 EricOG
December 25 2013, 11:22AM
coachedpotatoe wrote:

On the first day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; a successful rebuild plan.

On the 3rd day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; three good periods.

On the 4th day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; four lines to roll.

On the 6th day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; 6 NHL defencemen.

On the 9th day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; 9 games without injuries.

On the 10th day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; 10 veteran leaders.

On the 11th day of Christmas the Flames gave to me; 11 straight wins.

Again Merry Christmas to all. Sorry for this being so bad,

What 8 straight wins against the Oilers??? At the end of last season the Oilers ran all over the Lames. This season, they won 4-2 and took a deserved loss to overtime.

If there is one thing every single past-present-future Oiler must always learn is hatred towards the fLames. Except on Christmas.

Merry Christmas to one and all in the Nations Network.

#16 ScottOCanada
December 25 2013, 11:31AM

We here in Winnipeg don't celebrate Christmas for another two weeks. Took us a little longer to find three Wise Men and a virgin. Nonetheless, Merry Christmas to all the Nations.

#17 Kevrock
December 25 2013, 11:31AM

Merry Christmas Nations!

#18 piscera.infada
December 25 2013, 11:43AM

Merry Christmas everybody!

Thanks for the good year FN (lockout notwithstanding). Here's to all the best in 2014 for all the contributors (writers and posters alike).

@coachedpotatoe

I didn't think that was so bad.... I am working on a solid Christmas buzz right now though.

#19 Oiler Al
December 25 2013, 12:22PM

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all the hard working staff at Oilers Nation. Still the best site in the business.

Keep up and good work .!!!

Also same greetings to all the commentators here.

Merry Christmas All

Happy Holidays Nation

Even to fLames Fans

#21 coachedpotatoe
December 25 2013, 12:38PM
EricOG wrote:

Merry Christmas to one and all in the Nations Network.

We are starting with one and hoping for two. Actually if I recall you whipped us on trade day(and your commentators made a lot of jokes about us) but then we came up North right when you thought you could make the playoffs and let the air out of your tires. If you read carefully the whole thing is a wish list.

But anyways Merry Christmas to all of Oiler nations.

#22 vetinari
December 25 2013, 01:36PM

Merry Christmas to all the Nations Network...

#23 Arius Mumin
December 25 2013, 01:47PM

Season's Greetings Pagans.

#24 coachedpotatoe
December 26 2013, 12:00PM

Thanks for all the trashes, it means that a lot of people at least read it. What puzzled me is that no one took it as a challenge to do one. Thanks for the props you probably got that it was a lark, a wish list and just jest in good fun.