NATION RADIO - SEPTEMBER 10, 2011

NationRadio
September 10 2011 05:31PM

We sincerely hope that this most excellent summer weekend finds you in good spirits and in good health. We have a jim dandy of a lineup for this show. Thom Drance from CanucksArmy, former WHA Oiler Skip Krake, Jonathan Willis, Jason Gregor and Oil Kings commentator Kent Simpson round out the roster this week.

This is NationRadio.

Segment 1

Thomas Drance aka CanucksArmy writer Artem Chubarov says hello talking Chris Tanev, the back up goalie scenarios in several Canadian cities and the off season that has occured for the 2010-11 Western Conference Champion Vancouver Canucks.

Segment 2

Skip Krake is a former WHA Oiler and he appears on the show this week. In his NHL career, Krake appeared in 249 games, scoring 23 goals and adding 40 assists. He played in 207 WHA games, scoring 52 goals and adding 77 assists.

Krake and Lowetide talk about his time with the Oilers and update what he has been up to since his professional hockey career came to a close.

Segment 3

The legendary Lowetide takes some emails from Citizens of the Nation.

Segment 4

Our old friend Jonathan Willis makes some Taylor Hall predictions among others for for next year. He also previews his massive 150 page Hockey Pool Primer, designed to crush your fantasy league opponents and win thousands of dollars for only a piddling $5 fee.

Segment 5

Nation Network honcho Jason Gregor appears on NationRadio to discuss the recovery of Ryan Whitney, potential Defensive pairings for the Oilers next year as well as the outlook at Centre.

Segment 6

Kent Simpson - the color commentator for the Edmonton Oil Kings looks ahead to the coming WHL season and what lies in store for the other Oil in town.

Full Podcast

ADVERTISERS

NationRadio ad sales have picked up considerably since we started shamelessly shilling them on the site. To that end if you are looking for advertising for your company for the upcoming season email your ol' pal Wanye at wanyegretz@gmail.com and we will hook it up HARD.

3d50040a624eb33c8637c3306f09eddc
NationRadio can be heard live on Saturdays from 12-2 PM on the Team 1260 featuring the explicit sounds of DJ Lowetide and his lineup of Allstar guests.Follow us on Twitter: @itsnationradio
#1 Wanye
September 10 2011, 05:33PM

WHY ISN'T THIS UP SOONER? SOMEONE SHOULD INVENT A WIRELESS DEVICE TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO LISTEN TO RADIO SHOWS IN REAL TIME

#2 Lowetide
September 10 2011, 06:12PM

WHAT in the name of sweet Baby Jesus is this? Either Wanye sold his soul to Beelzebub or it's Tuesday afternoon and I'm plastered.

Wow. Who knew? Good job Wanye!

#3 Wanyes bastard child
September 10 2011, 05:51PM

You forgot to say Fist ;)

#4 Mason Storm
September 10 2011, 05:52PM
Wanye wrote:

Props Props Props Props Props Props. Had to write more Props, since I can only click once.

#5 David S
September 11 2011, 03:42AM

I'm amazed I can type this legibly THIS loaded. Amazed I tell you!

*Passes out*

#6 Bicepus Maximus - Huge fan boy!
September 10 2011, 06:22PM

Is this from last week? Or is it some kind of a SICK JOKE?!

#7 BaconWrapped
September 10 2011, 06:31PM
Wanye wrote:

LOL

This device, once invented, would make its inventor millions. Just ask Guglielmo Marconi.

#8 BaconWrapped
September 10 2011, 06:55PM
Lowetide wrote:

As as sales person, this is somewhat galling. WHAT? A sales lead and no one calls back? NO GLENGARRY LEADS for Wanye.

Those leads are for closers.

"Put that coffee down!"

#9 Lowetide
September 10 2011, 08:07PM

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

#10 Lowetide
September 10 2011, 06:30PM
Wanyes bastard child wrote:

So Scarlett Jo eh ;) I'm more into Diane Lane myself but still a good choice :)

JG caught me completely off guard, but suspect my answer wouldn't have changed. Diane Lane is top drawer, though.

#11 Lowetide
September 10 2011, 06:38PM
Raine Snow wrote:

Wanye, I tried contacting you in the past regarding and ad to place on Oilers Nation. Never received a reply.

We re-launced http://www.oilogosphere.com/ and was hoping to attract new fans. Check your junk mail or at least tell me to bug off if you already saw my email ;)

#12 David S
September 10 2011, 07:51PM

Wait. What? Nation radio is up? This week's Nation Radio??? What in the bloody blue hell?

IT'S STILL SATURDAY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

#13 Wanyes bastard child
September 10 2011, 06:22PM
Lowetide wrote:

Wow. Who knew? Good job Wanye!

I think its tuesday afternoon myself, but I been drinking since noon as well :P

#14 Lowetide
September 10 2011, 06:24PM
Wanyes bastard child wrote:

I think its tuesday afternoon myself, but I been drinking since noon as well :P

Me too, which may have impacted the show. :-)

#15 Wanyes bastard child
September 10 2011, 06:26PM
Lowetide wrote:

Me too, which may have impacted the show. :-)

So Scarlett Jo eh ;) I'm more into Diane Lane myself but still a good choice :)

#16 Raine Snow
September 10 2011, 06:34PM

#17 BaconWrapped
September 10 2011, 06:35PM

OMG. The podcast is available as well! Do I listen now or on the Monday morning bus ride (thus negating the doldrums associated with the return to reality)??

#18 Bigfan
September 10 2011, 07:22PM
Wanyes bastard child wrote:

So Scarlett Jo eh ;) I'm more into Diane Lane myself but still a good choice :)

Scarlett Johansson? No, that's Skip Krake.

And a 'well done and thanks' on the quick posting - on behalf of those of us unable to get the right radio waves directly from Edmonton

#19 Wanyes bastard child
September 10 2011, 07:54PM
David S wrote:

IT'S STILL SATURDAY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

I KNOW!!! AND YES I'M YELLING!!!

#20 Oilers G- Nations Poet Laureate
September 10 2011, 08:49PM
Lowetide wrote:

A...Always (anybody) B...Be (but) C...Closing (Calgary)

PUT THE COFFEE DOWN...Coffee is for closers

#21 Brandon
September 10 2011, 09:33PM

I still believe this is a fake post. There is no way the Nation Radio podcast(s) would be posted two and a half hours after the show ended.

#22 David S
September 11 2011, 03:41AM

How is this freaking possible? HOW?

#23 Wanye
September 11 2011, 09:47AM
David S wrote:

I'm amazed I can type this legibly THIS loaded. Amazed I tell you!

*Passes out*

I like to think that each day of OilersNation ends when the last person reads the site and then passes out.

Never has this been documented more clearly.